Thursday, May 6, 2010

Till We Meet Again




It's a good feeling when a group asks us to come back again. It makes us feel appreciated. We played at Christ Church Episcopal last fall and before we left that day, they scheduled us to come again and play twice as long! We must be doing something right. And the audience there is so good, just joining right in to sing along with us. We love that.

For almost an hour we sang songs from the 1920s all the way to the new songs from the 1960s. We know...we know... Our "new" songs are 50 years old. But it doesn't seem that long ago, does it?

One of the best times of any gig is right after we finish when we get to visit with some of the listeners. A few of today's comments--"Will you teach me to play ukulele? I want to get in this group!" "I can't see any longer, but I can listen. It was so good to hear all these songs I know." "I knew absolutely every song you played but one. Where on earth did you dig that one up?" "I loved it, I loved it!" "Will you come back next year?"

Yes! We would love to come again. Now, let's see. Where is that 2011 calendar?


Till We Meet Again, by Richard White & Raymond Egan, 1918


Find us on Facebook!


No comments:

Post a Comment