The YesterUkes are a family of sorts, bound by a common interest. We see more of each other than we see some of our own children. And with that shared time has come caring and concern for each other. Today was the first day back after a few weeks off for a summer break. Folks, glad to be together, greeted each other with hugs and excited chatter. What happened in our time off?
- Chandler has been sidelined for a while by his doctor. We hope he's back soon.
- Bob will head back to specialists next week for more tests to do with the recurrence of his melanoma. Extra prayers would be appreciated.
- Jim found a ukulele in a junk shop for $5. He refurbished it and gave it to a surprised member today. Generous, as always.
- Petra, age 8 (an honorary YesterUke), moved to a new town, but she was back for a visit and played one song with us. She's welcome to come anytime.
- Jane made a trip to Cuba. We forgot to ask if she saw any ukuleles while she was there.