Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Sweets For My Sweet





A feast! There is no other word to describe the meal that awaited the Yesterukes today at Waterloo United Methodist Church.  The Friends & Neighbors group meets monthly for food and fellowship.  We were so happy to be part of this today.  The photos only show part of the spread.

And, yes, the Yesterukes have learned that a little discipline is needed when the meal is served before the program. It would be so easy to overindulge. We played for about 50 minutes after lunch for the audience, singing some of our old standards and some of our new favorites. This was a group that sang along with us on every song. One lady told us after the program, "I'm so glad you invited us to sing along...because I think I would have exploded otherwise! I knew all of those songs. I love singing them." And we loved having her--and everyone else--sing along with us.



Sweets For My Sweet, The Drifters, 1961

2 comments:

  1. I seem to always be first in line at the food table.....this time it was Ernie's fault, he made me do it!!!!

    ReplyDelete